KR Multicase miniatures transport solution Aquilla 1 and Cardboard: Review


I've been going out to alot of tournaments lately and even started my own little league for DreadBall the past weeks. Because of this, the need for transportation of miniatures grew very quickly.
Unfortunately, there are so many choices out there, and opinions are very diversified. Luckily for me, I met some people of KR Multicase who persuaded me to try out their transportation options!
The Aquilla 1 case

 KR Multicase

KR Multicase is a growing company that dedicates themselves in creating solid and affordable storage solutions for miniatures. They're situated in the UK, but have a factory in the US which gives them a great market to work on with result.
Their site offers to option to create your complete solution, starting either from your type of game, or the preferred case. They offer a great configurator known as AutoFill for most armies, or their TrayGuides. Making it very easy to decide what you might need and how to transport is.

What has been tested?

This test had the goal to see how to easily bring your models needed to play a DreadBall (or other Fantasy sports) game with the needed tokens to and fro your tournament scene. Because of this, two possible options were chosen.
The Aquilla 1 Skirmish case, which fits 1/4th size of foam and the Half Width Card Case that allows up to 4 times the content of the Aquilla 1.
This fits about all my DreadBall figures!

The content

Let me firstly start with the Aquilla 1 Case. It's retail price is a little bit more than 20€ and it's made in a padded weave fabric with a durable double clasp. The top and bottom are extra informed making the side fold along with the content. You can fit a 1/8KRU (that's their foam-unit) in it and it fits nicely, even leaving some space. Thanks to the foam, your models fit in nicely and it protects them from being shaken inside their container.
The Aquilla 1, fits enough for a skirmish team/warband
The Half Width Card Case, which costs you about 30€, offers you a cardboard box (yea!) that fits about 1/2 KRU (read: 4 of the previous trays) in a very sturdy cardboard box with a plastic handle. This allows you to transport about 100 models to your venue, or simply store (like me) with your unused/less used teams.
Half width Cardboard fits 4 trays
The Foam itself comes in different sizes and as much options. KR Multicase offers a lot of different pre-made trays, going from pluck-foam, to infantry trays (which fit 24 models) to even X-Wing trays or even DreadBall trays! Not only this, they even offer their foam in different colors, giving you a great amount of personalisation.
an M4H- tray and a DB1-tray
Being fairly soft foam I firstly didn't have much trust in the transportation. I had the DB1 (DreadBall team foam, which offers place for 21 players and a card deck) and the M4H (offering space to 25 players). Both have a height of 23mm, with the DB1 feeling much weaker because of the Deck hole. Though when placing it in a Case, this problem was quickly resolved. Not only does this case now fit all my wanted figures (plus the wanted MVP's, tokens, whatnot, .. The card cutout also allows sleeved cards to be used.

Once I've fit my team in the Aquilla I went on to using it. And after a month, the results are great. Not only is the case durable, it provides great crash protection and doesn't take any place at all. It has been thrown around and even (unfortunately) has had some beer spilt over it, but my figurines (even though they are frail) are still alright and dry!
Ready for the next matchup!
Thanks to the Cardboard box, I've found an easy and room saving solution for storing my other teams and MVP's. Certainly when it comes to skirmish, these trays offer you neatly enough space for placing an entire team and some desired MVP's while not going all out for the bigger solutions. Thanks to the fact that the boxes are cardboard you can easily write on them so you know what's inside.
My demo team, ready to go, see those MVP's in the back!

Overall

I'm greatly impressed by this transport solution. Not only does it save me space thanks to their cardboard solutions, but I'm more confident my models won't be destroyed by the time I reach the venue. Although bigger models like the Nameless don't fit in these foams, upgrading to a DB2 foam (which offers 32mm of height) solves this problem.
KR Multicase promised to offer an affordable solution to protect my miniatures, and they certainly succeeded!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Honor

DreadBall: Teraton Tactics

Disney Infinity 3.0: Review (PS4)